Saturday, September 01, 2007

it's become habit for me to stay up all night the night before I fly. Actually, I think it's kinda funny thinking I could develop a habit in regards to flying, since I never thought I'd be flying as much as I have been. I don't think I'll do or be a lot of things. Thinking this way is best for creating low expectations. And low expectations are best for quelling disappointment, or making the fulfillment of such things that much more gratifying.

I got a job in Korea. I think I got it not because I said "yes" but because I didn't say "no", if that makes sense. I think I was being the job equivalent of a playa. I sent my resume to so many jobs in Korea, and I wanted to court all of them as long as I could. When one job was offering me something, I'd only tell them no to something I definitely didn't want such as teaching kindergarten. Then they'd usually tell me that they might have another job for me, so they'd get back to me. So then the job I eventually took didn't have anything I didn't exactly dislike so I just didn't say no. I ended up in contract negotiations in gmail chat. Next thing I knew I had a job, and my ticket for Korea purchased.

No comments: