China's Net Addicts
It's come to this. And of course China is the type of country to try to forcibly resolve these problems. i don't know what to say really. i just thought i'd mention this because i'm interested in China's development, and subsequent influence on the world; and also, I'm interested in technology's affects on our social realities.
Speaking of technology's affects: Baby Einstein won't make babies smarter. I think it's kinda funny how it seems like every time we as people try to replace something natural with something artificial it's invariably worse. it's a big lesson against short cuts.
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
For some further evidence behind this, read the following, "the plug-in drug", "the death of public discourse in the age of television" and "toxic childhood", all excellent books.
Hey do you want to call me when you get back if that's the case. It's Sunday I am real bored. At least post the day you are going to be back at it. We went to the quarry at night again.. It was pretty cool but I'm really thinking day time from now on. It's a lot less creepier.
Post a Comment