Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Here is my story of the recent events; and through how my stomach got turned from not knowing what I may be doing while being forced into an immediate decision.

So my job completely fell through. I knew the guy that was my employer was an asshole, but I think I didn’t want to think it. Finally a half hour before I left for England, which would be immediately followed by my flight to Korea, I got an email NOT from the employer but from an acquaintance that knew the employer. He told me that he doesn’t think the job will go through, and also he asked me to call him. I called him, and was informed that the employer really did hire not only one, but two new people, and he still hasn’t emailed me to tell me he did such. At which point I wasn’t even sure if I was going to England. My bags were packed, but I only had a one way ticket to England. So I scouted out cheap return flights that turned out to be not so cheap. Finally, I said screw it, I’ll go to England and come back a week later anyway. I’ll hope for the best with the prices, and if the best doesn’t come, I’ll just say I’ve put off my trip to England for too long regardless. Then I’ll get back home and actually make sure I have a job waiting for me for when I get to Korea.

By doing this, I’ve just cut out 1000% of the stress. I’ve stopped worrying about money issues too; which means that I’ll start a job midway into September, and leave early from the job the following year regardless of losing out on a year-long contract bonus.

I might even consider a job in a different country such as Japan or Dubai. It’s less likely given the logistics, but I’ll still consider it.

So I’m in England right now, and this is where my story is sitting. We’ll see what happens.

My nephew in England is extremely cute by the way. He doesn’t say “no” to anything like most kids. If he doesn’t want something he’ll just ignore you. But he will say yes a lot. I think he doesn’t say “no” because his name is Noah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noah should hang out with Annyong